（一）化工製程之 3R（reduction, reuse and recycle）。
（五）多階化學工程及應用（Practices of Multi-scale Chemical Engineering）。
1. Development Focus/Strategy
I. Development strategy for industry, government and academia
(1) Strengthen the division of labor function and complementary link of units and institutes
Government units in charge of economic construction should recognize that the petrochemical industry is the foundation of the chemical engineering industry at this time and in the foreseeable future. The government should advocate continued active effort in petrochemical development. With respect to environmental and ecological hurdles, part of the resources should be devoted to the development of green processing from the start.
(2) Strengthen scientific research and increase research funding
a. Actively engage in product design and new product development in order to boost economic benefits and create profits.
b. Develop forward-looking core processing technologies in order to build a core technology base for the industries and to educate workers.
II. Invest in selected key technologies and new products
(1) Leading-edge catalysts and processes
(2) Precision chemicals and processes
(3) Leading-edge program technology
III. Invest in selected new products and key technologies (Continued) – Implementation strategy
(1) Encourage the manufacturers to engage in independent development or to converted mature technologies imported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs into key domestic technologies.
(2) Counsel the manufacturers in the development of new products and core technologies and develop their applications.
(3) Large-scale industry-academia cooperation projects should be led by the manufacturers. Personnel and material resources should be proposed under the special projects of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. A matching project should be set up in cooperation with the National Science Foundation to supplement the schools with personnel and material resources. The various special development projects should be encouraged to establish a patent domain (Map) for the innovative key technologies to ensure the leadership position or as a negotiation chip for technology introduction.
2. Priority Development Projects
I. Forward-looking chemical engineering technologies, including:
(1) The three Rs of chemical manufacturing (Reduction, Reuse, and Recycle)
(2) Pollutant treatment technology
(3) Green chemical technology
(4) Development of energy-saving chemical manufacturing technologies and clean energies
(5) Practices of multi-scale chemical engineering